The reality is that none of us will go through life without hitting a few bumps, and picking up some scrapes or breaks. Sometimes these are physical other times they are emotional and psychological. The main thing when you’re feeling low or unwell is that you get the best help possible. Some illnesses we can recover from, others we have to learn to live with.
Here are some of the best ways to ensure that you are in the best shape for your age and health condition:
- Staying in contact with our supportive family and friends
- Eating well, exercising and getting good rest
- Using traditional medicine, which can include surgery and medication
- Availing of counselling and talking therapy
- Using complementary therapies
- Maintaining good connections with your local community and having an active social life
- Partaking in meditation and/or prayer
It’s likely that we will all need to use a combination of these to remain in good shape. We can give you further information on any of these options.